Warning: getimagesize(http://ec2i.biz/): failed to open stream: No route to host in /var/www/html/ec2i.biz/templates/meet_gavern/html/com_content/article/default.php on line 67
A reminder that Royal Mail’s “The Private Life of Mail”, a 66-page research report into how consumers interact with mail, is well worth a read. It includes loads of insightful information such as –
- 39% of UK householders have a dedicated area where they put their mail.
- 23% of all mail is shared between people in a household.
- Mail is kept in a household on average for 38 days for door drops (catalogues).
- 57% claim that receiving mail makes them feel more valued.
- 60% said that the best mail advertising has a lasting effect.
- 68% of respondents desired some communication by mail.
It concludes, after 18 months of research and analysis, that mail returns a strong ROI, similar in magnitude to TV and that most of us still like to touch and feel, even in this age of the Internet. There are other, equally useful and interesting reports, free to download, on the Mailmen website.